Thursday, November 12, 2009

sorry... I'm around.

House warming party has meant me being swamped in preparations and epic cooking.

Friday I made enough lasanga to feed an army (two huge pans- one veggie, one meat) a baked brie with cranberries, apples, honey, and walnuts, mounds of garlic bread, and I think there was a salad in there somewhere. Sam and I also made a tasty pumpkin pie.

Saturday dinner was "southern night" with oven baked fried chicken, deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms, green bean casserole, baked cheesy mashed potatoes and a very large bowl of banana pudding.
I really enjoy cooking.

My parents came up Monday after buying a new motorcycle in Richmond and spent the night, it was really good to see them.

Our bed is on a frame now, which is exciting, probably more exciting for the cat than for us, but now it's just an epic quest to find a headboard. My mother was in my house less than 24 hours before she started rearranging stuff.

Going to the mall yesterday got me all in a holiday mood. Normally the whole "OMG IT'S THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN- CHRISTMAS TIME AAAAHHHHHH" pisses me off, but I'm really excited about christmas this year. I want to make decorations and go totally Martha Stewart on our house.

I've got Halloween pictures on Darcy's camera because mine has died the final death. Sadly I don't know how to get those pictures OFF of the camera. Bah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment